My office is here to help the residents of Ajax with Ontario provincial government inquiries. If you aren’t sure about where an item falls, please click here for more information.
The following is a list of helpful links for provincial resources:
- Government of Ontario News
- Ontario News Now
- Ontario Photo Card
- Register a newborn baby
- Service Ontario: offers several services such as requesting a birth, marriage, or death certificate; renewing your driver’s licence or health card; registering your vehicle; becoming an organ or tissue donor; change your address; change your name; hunting and fishing licences; and more
- Get an accessible parking permit
- Ontario Ombudsman: an independent Officer of the Provincial Legislature who oversees complaints about the provincial government when all other complaint mechanisms were unsatisfactory.
- Consumer Protection Ontario: a service that promotes consumers’ rights.
- Ontario Works: apply for social assistance benefits
- Ontario Disability Support Program: apply for social assistance benefits as a result of a disability
- InfoGo: a directory of Government of Ontario employees and organizations
- Ontario’s ministries: learn about Ontario’s ministries, ministers, and how they serve Ontario.
- Bills before the Legislative Assembly of Ontario: see what legislation your representatives are currently discussing.
- Employment Ontario: a service that helps Ontarians get training, build skills, or find a job.
- Community Employment Resources for Durham Region
- Watch what’s currently happening in the Legislative Chamber
- Visit the Ontario Legislative Assembly
- Free tax filing services for low-income people (note this is a federal program)
- Seniors: find a place to live
- Subsidized rental housing through Ajax Municipal Housing Corporation
- Find your provincial riding
- Find your federal riding
- Ajax Mayor and Council
- Ontario 511 : Provides up to the minute traffic and transit information for Ontario.
Health care contacts:
- Telehealth Ontario: Get fast, free medical advice
- Health Care Connect: find doctors currently accepting new patients
- Lake Ridge Health
- Central East (LHIN) oversees health care and medical services in the Central East Region. Contact the LHIN if you have a complaint that was not resolved by the doctor or hospital staff.
- Patient Ombudsman: investigates health care complaints. Contact the Ombudsman if you have a complaint that was not resolved by the doctor, hospital staff, or LHIN.
Frequently Requested Forms:
Have a question about something else? Contact my office.